Today I am at the fourth August 25 on this blog for posting something about “The Day of the Jackal” novel. Today is the penultimate day in Frederick Forsyth’s novel about an assassin on the trail of French President Charles de Gaulle. This day in 2017 marks the 54th anniversary of that novel’s climax in 1963.
Beyond the novel, which was published in 1971, there is a simply terrific adaptation of the film (you’ll see it’s my movie suggestion for today). I’ve included the links below to all my “Jackal” content.
So, here are the links that will help you enjoy your own “Day of the Jackal” …
- Click here for my review of the “The Day of the Jackal” film
- Click here for my timeline of the events of the novel
- Click here for my praise for Frederick Forsyth’s “The Day of the Jackal”
- Click here for my links to the 52nd anniversary of “The Day of the Jackal”
- Click here for my link to the 53rd anniversary of “The Day of the Jackal”
- Click here for my review of examples of books-to-films
- Click here for all my blog posts containing the word “Jackal”
CLICK TO VIEW MY PHOTOS AND GALLERIES:
Diz1 | Diz2 | Diz3 | Diz4 | Diz5 | Diz6 | Diz7 | Diz8 | Diz9 | Diz10 | Diz11 | Diz12 | HHN
D.C. | UF | Drive | Naples1 | Naples2 | Naples3| Misc. | China | Cruises | NYC | Canada
© Chuck Curry and A Gator in Naples, 2017.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without
express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner
is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that
full and clear credit is given to Chuck Curry and A Gator in Naples
with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.