Well, today is Aug. 25, 2016, and this will be the third year in a row that I’ve published something about “The Day of the Jackal” (both film and novel) on this blog. Aug. 25 is the penultimate day of Frederick Forsyth’s best-selling assassination thriller. It is an excellent novel (one of my Top 10) and the film version does not suffer in the slightest and is a gold standard in the novel-to-book translation genre.
So, today is the 53rd anniversary of the “The Day of the Jackal.”
Each year leading up to Aug. 25, I re-watch the film and re-read the novel (I have it in my Kindle as well as having leather-bound special editions, the first edition and a variety of paperback copies). I conclude each Aug. 25 with a sit-down, complete viewing of the film.
So, here are the links that will help you enjoy your own “Day of the Jackal” …
- Click here for my review of the “The Day of the Jackal” film
- Click here for my timeline of the events of the novel
- Click here for my praise for author Frederick Forsyth’s “The Day of the Jackal”
- Click here for my links to the 52nd anniversary of “The Day of the Jackal”
- Click here for my review of examples of books-to-films
- Click here for all my blog posts containing the word “Jackal”
CLICK TO VIEW MY PHOTO GALLERIES:
Disney1 | Disney2 | Disney3 | Disney4 | Disney5 | Disney6 | Disney7 | Disney8 | Disney9
HHN | D.C. | Gators | Drive | Naples1 | Naples2 | Misc. | China | Cruises | NYC | Canada
© Chuck Curry and A Gator in Naples, 2016.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without
express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner
is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that
full and clear credit is given to Chuck Curry and A Gator in Naples
with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.